Bankai Rune
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Client not working for You? READ!

Go down

Client not working for You? READ! Empty Client not working for You? READ!

Post by Kurogin Game Studios Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Ok well i have had trouble with a client and i finally figured out what the problem was. I had the correct java, but there was something that had to be changed. Here I will tell you what to do.

JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR, THIS IS NOT ABOUT CODING CLIENTS, THIS IS ABOUT RUNNING OTHER PEOPLES CLIENT AND WHEN YOU GET SOME ANNOYING MESSAGES ABOUT YOUR JAVA WHEN YOU RUN THE CLIENT.

First things first, you should have the following java:
The Latest Version of JDK

Latest Version of JRE

Ok, if u have those Javas, lets continue, if u don't, click them, i have added the link on them.

BTW, IN THE JAVA CODE SUCH AS jdk1.6.0_01 CHANGE THE 01 TO THE JDK VERSION YOU HAVE.

If the client still doesnt work for you we have to fix your environment variables. To do this, go to Control Panel-> System-> Advanced-> Environmental Variables(button at the bottom, above "Ok" )

But before we start on that, i want you guys to go into your C drive and go to Program Files, then click java and see what folders you have. These are what i have:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 775x106.

Ok, now copy this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin
If you have your java saved somewhere else, then you have to get the link for it yourself.

Ok once you have copied that code, Then you can close that folder, alright next, go back on Environment Variables now where it says User variables for (your computer name) you should see TEMP, TEMP underneath with some addresses next to them. Right below that click new. For the Variable name put CLASSPATH then for the variable value paste that address you had copied and add
Code:
;%CLASSPATH%
right after bin.
mines looks like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin;%CLASSPATH%
After that hit ok. Ok, now where it says System variables, you should see PATH below it. If you don't scroll down a little until you do. Click on it and hit edit. For the variable value type in there:
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\sy stem32\WBEM;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin
Ok, once you do that press OK, and the OK again, now the client should work for you. If it doesn't, you did something wrong, or you didn't download the right Java.

If you dont want to download JDK6u2, READ
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE JDK6U1!!!

Ok, now copy this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\bin
If you have your java saved somewhere else, then you have to get the link for it yourself.

Ok once you have copied that code, Then you can close that folder, alright next, go back on Environment Variables now where it says User variables for (your computer name) you should see TEMP, TEMP underneath with some addresses next to them. Right below that click new. For the Variable name put CLASSPATH then for the variable value paste that address you had copied and add
Code:
;%CLASSPATH%
right after bin.
mines looks like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\bin;%CLASSPATH%
After that hit ok. Ok, now where it says System variables, you should see PATH below it. If you don't scroll down a little until you do. Click on it and hit edit. For the variable value type in there:
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\sy stem32\WBEM;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\bin
Ok, once you do that press OK, and the OK again, now the client should work for you. If it doesn't, you did something wrong, or you didn't download the right Java.

Well, thats my guide!! Please post comments and rep would be nice

NOTE: I take no credit for this
Site Owner

Post Points : 96123

Character Sheet
Class Type: Hunter

http://www.bankairune.org

Back to top Go down